Lisa Easler founded Savory Legal in 2017, with the goal of helping small businesses, particularly those in the natural foods and products industry, navigate and meet compliance challenges. Lisa has many years of natural foods industry experience and a commitment to organics.
Lisa began her legal career working in civil litigation, with the good fortune of on-the-ground training by some of the smartest and most well respected attorneys in Florida. She worked on litigation cases representing a variety of clients, including banks, school districts, children’s hospitals, and commercial landlords, as well as individuals.
After relocating to Oregon, Lisa transitioned from litigation to working in-house, focusing on compliance issues. Lisa’s responsibilities in-house have ranged from routine HR tasks to negotiating land easements with government entities. As compliance manager, Lisa has overseen product label compliance, mediated employee disputes, created HR and Title IX Training programs, managed organic certification, created FDA and FTC procedures and checks, as well as handled a wide range of day-to-day compliance hurdles that are part of today’s business environment.
Lisa has vast experience drafting, negotiating, and managing a wide array of contractual agreements including employment agreements, leases, easements, service contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and so on. Having litigated contract disputes, Lisa fully appreciates the importance of a solid and well-drafted agreement that guides the parties in their business relationship.
- FDA and FTC compliance for Natural Products, Dietary Supplements, and Cosmetics
- Product label compliance
- DSHEA compliance
- Organic certification management
- FDA and FTC procedures and checks
- cGMP policies and procedures
- OSHA compliance
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) protocol
- Certification support
- Inspection assistance
- Recall management
- Production and handling audit services
- Contracts including construction contracts, NDAs, employment agreements, service contracts, etc.
- Benefit administration
- Employee dispute mediation
- HR and Title IX Training programs
- Title IX Coordinator
- FMLA and OFLA
- HR compliance audits
- General HR support for multi-state employers
- Commercial litigation and appeals
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, Gainesville, FL
- J.D., cum laude Order of the Coif
- University of South Florida, St. Petersburg, FL
- M.A. in Counselor Education
- B.A. in Psychology, cum laude
- Oregon Bar
- Florida Bar (inactive)